- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13-in. baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, then press into an even layer in the pan.
3. Spread the coconut over the crust, then add the chips (she uses whatever she has–this last batch she brought had mini butterscotch chips, some semisweet, and some white chocolate chips). Sprinkle nuts over the top (she also uses whatever kind of nuts she has–walnuts, peanuts, etc. work well). Lastly (and this is what was different from the other recipes!), drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top of all the other layers.
4. Bake for 25 minutes (other recipes say longer, but I ended up with burnt or hard edges even when going for the lesser bake times. I’m going with her recommended time).
5. Let the bars sit for just a bit, then cut before cooled. Pop them in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to set.
6. Call me and tell me how they turn out! 🙂
PS Boots are 50% off at Target today only! I heard there was a boy in our ward who needed boots and so I was looking for good deals online all day yesterday. I got a text about Target’s deal from a good friend this morning and drove right down there and got a great pair! I’m so excited to ditch them on his doorstep! Awesome of Target to run that today…perfect for today’s #LIGHTtheWORLD project. 🙂