Yesterday was our first anniversary of being married, and I cannot believe Abe and I have only been together for one year; certainly it has been 13 at least. Upon reflection of our anniversary, I cannot decide if there is something wrong with Abe and me as a couple or if we’re just so comfortable together that we don’t have to try to do fancy things. Or maybe it’s just laziness? I’ll let you decide.
- 9:00 A.M.: Millie wakes up and reads for about an hour.
- 10:00 A.M.: Abe is still asleep.
- 11:00 A.M.: Abe wakes up and Millie makes French toast for breakfast.
- 12:00 A.M.: Millie begins wrapping Abe’s anniversary gifts and Abe goes to town in search of gifts for Millie.
- 1:00 P.M.: Millie decides to get out of pajamas in order to look nice for her husband when he returns.
- 2:00 P.M.: Millie and Abe open their presents from each other, and despite the fact that Millie was better prepared, Abe’s presents for her are much better.
- 3:00 P.M.: Abe decides he needs a nap.
- 4:00 P.M.: Abe is still napping and Millie is taking advantage of his absence to watch chick flicks.
- 5:00 P.M.: Abe is still napping and Millie has started her second chick flick.
- 6:00 P.M.: Abe finally wakes up and the couple decides maybe they should go get some dinner or something to celebrate.
- 7:00 P.M.: Quiet dinner at their favorite local Italian restaurant.
- 8:00 P.M.: Shopping for Millie’s Christmas stocking at 5 different stores because she is picky.
- 9:00 P.M.: Back home to fall asleep while watching The Santa Claus.
It was perhaps the most uneventful anniversary ever celebrated by a human couple. Maybe a trip to Hawaii would do us some good even if Mumsie and Pops won’t come.